Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Drawing 3: instructions for the coming week

Drawing 3 Students: 

As you all know, I will be out of town Thursday and next Tuesday for an exhibition. In class today, I intended to supply you with outside assignments to work on during my trip. However the weather had different plans, so I am going to give you these assignments via email. I initially planned to prepare you for your first major portfolio homework assignment, which will involve self-portaiture. However, because I didn't have the chance to prepare you with a selection of images as well as a refresher on the head, we are going to wait until I return for that assignment. For now, I am going to give you a sketchbook assignment of 3 drawings out of Gordon, which address anatomy of the head, neck, and torso. 

The sketchbook master study assignments are: 
pg. 43 (top drawing)
pg. 47 (bottom left drawing)
pg. 55 (right drawing)

Remember to LABEL all, and also please read pg. 40-59. These drawings will be due on Thursday, February 13. You will not need to bring any special paper for Thursday. I have also attached images of the assigned Gordon pages to avoid any confusion - you should draw the one with the red check mark on each page. 

Thanks and please feel free to email me with any questions. 

P.S. This email will also be posted on the blog: norrisartclass.blogspot.com